Information We Collect
When you visit our website or use our online services, we may collect certain information from you, including but not limited to:
- Personal information: such as your name, email address, phone number, and mailing address, which you provide to us when you submit forms, sign up for newsletters, register for NAZ events, or make donations.
- Non-personal information: such as your IP address, browser type, device information, and browsing behavior on our website, which is automatically collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the services and information you request from us, such as processing donations, sending newsletters, and responding to inquiries.
- To improve our website and online services, by analyzing usage data and identifying areas for enhancement.
- To communicate with you about our mission, events, campaigns, and other updates related to our organization.
- To comply with legal obligations, enforce our policies, and protect our rights and the rights of our users.
Data From Families
Families who enroll in NAZ sign an annual release of information (ROI), which is a consent form granting NAZ and partners with whom the family is engaging permission to share data on family and scholar participation, health, well-being and educational progress; store data in our NAZ data system; and use the data to evaluate program effectiveness and impact. NAZ follows legal and ethical guidelines for confidentiality and data privacy (e.g, informed consent process, HIPAA-compliant data system), and staff and partners receive appropriate training and commit to following best practices.
NAZ uses the information to evaluate program fidelity and impact. All data used in the evaluations are kept confidential. Results are used to inform continuous program improvement. Results are shared with NAZ staff, partners, Board, families, community stakeholders and funders. When shared, results are presented in aggregate and never identify an individual participant or family.
Your Choices and Rights
You have certain rights and choices regarding the personal information we collect and how it is used. You may choose to:
- Opt out of receiving promotional emails or newsletters by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the email.
- Update, correct, or delete your personal information by contacting us directly.
- Disable or block cookies and other tracking technologies in your browser settings.
Last updated: April 21, 2023